Alan M. Meder, CFA, Named Chair of CFA Institute Board of Governors
Meder leads highest governing authority of CFA Institute in mission to restore trust and integrity in finance
Alan M. Meder, CFA, is appointed chair of the Board of Governors (PDF) of CFA Institute, the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials, effective 1 Sept. Mr. Meder succeeds Daniel S. Meader, CFA, who continues to serve on the Board as immediate past chair.New York, 24 September 2012
Mr. Meder is the chief risk officer of Chicago-based Duff & Phelps Investment Management Co., and the principal financial officer of four other investment companies. Meder leads a 17-member Board of Governors comprised of investment professionals from 10 countries, whose mission is to help CFA Institute create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow.
"This is a critical year for CFA Institute as we drive forward our mission to raise the level of professional excellence in the industry through globally promoting our ethical values and opportunities for learning to more individuals in the profession," said Mr. Meder. "If we consider the reach and capabilities of the 115,000 members that are the foundation of CFA Institute, the organization's capacity to bring ethics, education, and professional excellence to the forefront is clear to see. I am honored to serve as the chairman of the Board of Governors."
In addition to Mr. Meder’s appointment, CFA Institute has elected Charles J. Yang, CFA, as vice chair of the Board. Mr. Yang is the chief investment officer of T&D Asset Management, based in Japan.
CFA Institute Board of Governors:
Each Governor is elected by the CFA Institute membership for a three year term that runs from 1 Sept. to 31 Aug.
- Alan M. Meder, CFA (United States) - chief risk officer, Duff & Phelps Investment Management Co.
- Charles J. Yang, CFA (Japan) - chief investment officer, T&D Asset Management Company, Ltd.
- Daniel S. Meader, CFA (United States) - founder and managing partner, Trinity Private Equity Group, LP
- Saeed M. Al-Hajeri, CFA (United Arab Emirates) - head of Emerging Markets Department, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Giuseppe Ballocchi, CFA (Switzerland) - head of financial engineering and risk analytics of the Trading Division, Pictet & Cie
- Beth Hamilton-Keen, CFA (Canada) - director of private client portfolio management, Mawer Investment Management Ltd.
- James G. Jones, CFA (United States) - founder and president of Sterling Investment Advisors, LLC
- Attila Koksal, CFA (Turkey) - managing partner, Standard Unlu Securities
- Mark Lazberger*, CFA (Australia) – CEO, Colonial First State Global Asset Management (CFSGAM) and First State Investments
- Frederic P. Lebel, CFA (Switzerland) - co-CEO and CIO of OFI MGA; CIO and owner of HFS Hedge Fund Selection S.A.
- Jeffrey D. Lorenzen, CFA (United States) - CIO for American Equity Investment Life Holdings; president and CIO of American Equity Advisors
- Aaron Low, CFA (Singapore) – principal, Lumen Advisors
- Colin McLean*, FSIP (United Kingdom) – CEO, SVM Asset Management Ltd
- John D. Rogers, CFA (United States) – president and CEO, CFA Institute
- Matthew H. Scanlan, CFA (United States) - CEO of RS Investments; president and trustee of the RS Investment Trust and RS Variable Products Trust
- Jane Shao, CFA (China) - founder and director, Lumiere Pavilions
- Roger Urwin (United Kingdom) - global head of investment content, Towers Watson
*indicates incoming Governor for FY13
 Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. The end goal: to create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. CFA Institute has more than 113,000 members in 140 countries and territories, including 102,000 CFA charterholders, and 137 member societies. For more information, visit www.cfainstitute.org.
Post a Comment