MCAFEE CELEBRATES ITS 25TH ANNIVERSARY THROUGH COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES
To commemorate 25 years of its existence, McAfee, the world’s largest dedicated security technology company organized a series of initiatives under the aegis of ‘Community Day’ held from June 11, 2012 to June 13, 2012.The initiative saw active involvement and support of its employees including the executive leadership team from sales, marketing, product management and R&D functions. Across its offices in Bangalore, Mumbai and Gurgaon, close to 800 employees volunteered in the following activities undertaken by the company -
· Tree Plantation: Held in all the three offices, Bangalore, Mumbai and Gurgaon, the drive saw more than 100 trees being planted by employees. Tree plantation is a regular community welfare initiative at McAfee and the company has planted and managed 210 trees since the start of the initiative.
· Going green: A 10 km cycle ride was organized to spread awareness around the need to reduce our carbon footprint and drive the ‘go green’ message.
· Online Safety for Kids: McAfee has always been at the forefront of promoting the cause of online safety for children. In line with this focus, McAfee conducted workshops in schools showcasing dangers prevalent on the internet and caution that children need to exercise when online. Almost 800 students and 150 teachers participated in the activity.
· ‘Uttejana’ Students Engagement: As part of this activity, McAfee undertook special lessons for students of Class XI and XII on personality development and handling crisis situations to make them job-ready.
· Support for urban poor children: McAfee raised funds through its employee volunteering drive to provide financial assistance for education of urban poor children. Through this initiative; McAfee currently supports the education for more than 200 students. McAfee’s Mumbai office also tied up with Nanhi Kali NGO to sponsor education for 60 under-privileged girl children.
· Orphanage visit: McAfee employees also spent quality time with the orphans and elderly at Snehasadan and Anantha Shishu Sevashram orphanages
· Blood Donation Camps: Most of the employees participated in blood donation drives across Mumbai, Gurgaon and Bangalore. In their office complexes, McAfee also canvassed with other offices to enlist in the blood donation and more than 300 people donated blood
· Charity Begins at Home: As a mark of tribute to the support staff such as housekeeping and security, McAfee employees shared a token of appreciation for their unwavering support and contribution to the company.
Commenting on this initiative, Jagdish Mahapatra, Managing Director- India and SAARC, McAfee said, “As a company, we have always nurtured the philosophy of making a difference to the society, manifested through our global ‘McAfee Care’ initiative. On the occasion of completing 25 successful years globally, we decided to celebrate this milestone by replicating similar initiatives for the India sales team as well. The Global Service Community Day was dedicated to making this spirit soar higher and we hope to continue with such initiatives as an ongoing program.”
Apart from completing 25 years, the company also marked the tenth anniversary of McAfee India Centre based in Bangalore, which is amongst the company’s largest research and development centres globally.
“At the McAfee India Engineering Centre, technology development goes hand in hand with community philanthropy, where our employees have consistently participated in our CSR initiatives such as helping urban poor children, imparting life skills to under privileged junior college students and a Go green drive.” Mr. Sridhar Jayanthi, Managing Director, McAfee India Operations said. “Signifying 10 years of our operations in India, we extended the purview of these existing initiatives and created 10 community activities for employee participation. The program was a phenomenal success amongst our employees and we will continue to pledge our support to community custodianship in years to come.”
About McAfee, Inc.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivalled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe.