CFA AND PRIMERICA TO RELEASE NEW REPORT ON FINANCIAL CONDITION AND DECISIONS OF MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS
Data Reveals Surprising Information on Middle America’s Financial Status;
Washington, D.C.//NEWS ADVISORY///On Tuesday morning, September 18 at 10 a.m., the Consumer Federation of America (CFA) and Primerica will hold a press conference releasing a new report on the financial condition and decision-making of middle class Americans. The report is based on and data from a July 2012 ORC International survey of more than 2000 representative Americans and a new analysis of data from the Federal Reserve Board's recent Survey of Consumer Finances.
For reporters who are outside of the Washington, D.C., area, the CFA/Primerica news event will be available by a live, phone-based audio stream. (See details below.) A streaming audio replay of the news event also will be available to the news media
At a time when intense national interest is focused on the middle class, the CFA/Primerica survey explores a series of financial and attitude questions that have never before been asked of middle class Americans. The survey results, along with a new analysis of the latest Federal Reserve data, paint a detailed picture of the financial affairs of middle class Americans earning between $30,000 and $100,000.
At the press conference CFA and Primerica will reveal the following:
* The level of middle class family financial and nonfinancial assets and debt.
* How badly middle class families have been hurt by the recent recession and how many are in financial trouble.
* Whether middle class Americans believe they have the ability to make good decisions on a variety of specific financial issues.
* The main source of information that these Americans rely on for these decisions.
* How many seek no information or advice from any source in making these decisions.
* How many of these Americans believe they have made "bad financial decisions" in the past and the cost of these bad decisions.
* How many middle class Americans say they would invest $1,000,000 if given this amount (and lesser amounts) for retirement.
The Consumer Federation of America is an association of nearly 300 nonprofit consumer organizations that was established in 1968 to advance the consumer interest through research, advocacy, and education.
Primerica, Inc., headquartered in Duluth, GA, is a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income families in North America. Primerica representatives educate their Main Street clients about how to better prepare for a more secure financial future by assessing their needs and providing appropriate solutions through term life insurance, which we underwrite, and mutual funds, annuities and other financial products, which we distribute primarily on behalf of third parties. In addition, Primerica provides an entrepreneurial full or part-time business opportunity for individuals seeking to earn income by distributing the company’s financial products. We insure more than 4.3 million lives and approximately 2 million clients maintain investment accounts with us. Primerica is a member of the Russell 2000 stock index and is traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PRI”.