|Public Comments Sought on Amendments in Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings Rules|
The government has come out with draft rules to amend the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings Rules, 1952. The rules were published in the Gazette of India on August 8, 2012. The gazette publication is for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby, and notice is hereby given that the said draft will be taken into consideration on or after the expiry of a period of thirty days from the date on which copies of the Gazette of India in which this notification is published, are made available to the public;
Objections or suggestions, if any, may be addressed to the Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi – 110011;
The objections and suggestions, which may be received from any person with respect to the said draft rules before the expiry of the period so specified, will be considered by the Central Government.
1. (1) These Rules may be called the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings (Amendment) Rules, 2012
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their final publication in the official Gazette.
2. In the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings Rules, 1952, in rule 10, for sub-rule (2), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely:-
“(2) The Central Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint one or more committees, consisting of such number of members as it may think fit to represent the Ministries or Departments of the Central Government dealing with-
1. Industrial Policy and Promotion;
2. The Industry specified in the First Schedule to the Act;
3. Home Affairs;
4. Commerce, Director General of Foreign Trade
5. Micro, Small and Medium Industries;
Provided that the Central Government may, if it deems fit, include in such committee any other member to represent any other Ministry or Department”.