What Employees Should do to Control Healthcare Costs
Easy and executable advice from an expert
There is no getting around it, the cost of healthcare is a hot button issue. However, as the debating and litigating goes on, there are some steps that can be taken right now to relieve some of the financial burden associated with healthcare. John Cerasani, President of Northwest Comprehensive, has some easy to implement strategies that will directly lower the cost of healthcare for employees.
What employees should do to control their health insurance costs:
1) Consider all options that your employer offers
2) See if your doctor is in the networks associated with the less expensive plan offering
3) Fund your anticipated out of pocket costs through your flexible spending account
4) Take advantage of FREE preventive care visits (Health Care Reform states that you can't get charged a copay for these on your plan)
5) Plan and budget for predictable and anticipated health care expenses.
About John Cerasani: John is the President of Northwest Comprehensive, Inc. NWC is based in Chicago and works with small to mid-sized employers all over the country. The majority of their clients have anywhere between 100 and 2,500 full time employees and are located in 16 different states. They are the national leader in providing employee benefit brokerage and consulting work to colleges and universities and currently have more clients in that sector than any other independent firm.