Saturday, February 26, 2011

Coal India Pays Rs.1,989.65 Crores as Interim Dividend

Coal India Limited (CIL) the state owned coal mining PSU today paid Rs.1,989.65 Crores as Interim Dividend, for the fiscal 2010-11, to Government of India, at the rate of Rs.3.50 per share.

The Dividend cheque was handed over to Shri Sriprakash Jaiswal, Minister of Coal by Shri Partha S Bhattcharyya, Chairman, CIL along with CMDs of coal companies and Functional Directors of CIL here today.

The amount of Rs.1,989.65 Crores paid to government constitutes 90% and the rest 10% is being distributed among the shareholders of the company. In 2009-10 CIL paid Rs. 2,210 Crores as final Dividend which was 35% of the paid up equity. The interim dividend paid this fiscal to GoI and other shareholders is equivalent to the final dividend that was paid last year by CIL as a whole.

However the final Dividend for 2010-11 would be paid after the finalization of accounts of the fiscal.

No comments: