Blackthorn Resources Ltd [BTR] - Perkoa Zinc Project Update
Blackthorn Resources is pleased to provide an update regarding the Perkoa Zinc Project which is being developed by Blackthorn Resources (39.9%) and joint venture partner Glencore International AG (50.1%).
Joint venture partner, Glencore International has initiated a study of potential value enhancing changes to the scope of the Perkoa Zinc Project. The study aims to investigate the economic viability of improvements to the project business case, including:
- Production of silver and lead concentrate to enhance revenues;
- Open-cut mining to supplement the underground operation;
- Reduction in the project schedule;
- Reduction in overall operational costs; and
- An increase in processing plant capacity to 1 Mtpa.
The Company is at an advanced stage in discussions with Glencore regarding financing options and strategies, including potential methods of funding any changes should they prove economic for the project.